Scraps of History

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Progress Report

This report is going to be tougher than what I thought. I have some good key pieces of evidence but there is little actually written about the riots. I have found a lot on the Tulsa Riot and should easily be able to compare and contrast the two riots. The Kansas Historical Society did not have any information on the event and told me to check locally. Our town musuem has a limited number of documents. It would seem that a lot of people wanted just to forget that it happened. I haven't been able to find any photographs like I did with the Tulsa Riot and of course it happened so long ago there is not anyone still alive to interview about the event. I am going to check the county courthouse to see how far back their records go to see if they have anything.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home