Scraps of History

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Day 2-Constitution

A couple of weeks ago I did a blog post that said what I do in my classroom to teach the Constitution. After today I have since found out that I was wrong on a number of things I had been telling my students. First of all I have never completely analyzed a court case with them. I think that would be very helpful for them to look at all aspects of a court case and have to make a decision that coincides with what the Constitution says. This can be harder than what you would think it would.
Another thing that amazed me is when reading the articles and amendments you can interpret them in many different ways. This is how so many people have been able to bring so many cases to court by manipulating what was originally written by our founding fathers.
I am looking forward to tomorrow when we talk about DuBois and Washington more. I am learning to put myself in the time frame when these speeches and documents were first being published.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home