Scraps of History

Monday, January 26, 2009

"Using Political Cartoons to Teach American History"

Hello all. I am Julie Dunham and I am taking this course with you. I teach World and American History at Independence High School in Independence, Ks and have held that position for the past six years.

THe way I use political cartoons currently is not as effective as what I would like it to be. I usually throw one in here and there to emphasize a point about who had political power, what the mood of the time period was or just to show humor in a sticky situation. What I am hoping to achieve through this course is to develop the political cartoons in a way that they are simply clues that the student needs to figure out. Not strictly what I am telling them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home